hey! this is jenna im doing this blog for personal progress to bring communities together to chat about common interests of Twilight.
Twilight Soundtrack
1/26/2009
Question #4
Do you think Carlisle did the right thing changing Edward into a vampire, or was it selfish? Does Edward show any signs of resentment toward Carlisle for what he did? Explain.
How can it have been selfish? I know he had been thinking for who knows how long about being lonely, but I don't think the thought of changing Edward even crossed his mind until Edward's dying mother PUT the thought there, you know? I think it was better to give a dying man with no choice a choice rather than a perfectly healthy man who had different options no choice at all.
I am glad Carlisle changed him. He needed someone, and who better than someone he respected son. Ya know? Edwards mom KNEW Carlisle could do something- I think she could feel it- I am so glad he saved him!!! I think edward wishes he could have stayed human, for the human luxuries, Like LOVE but then he meets Bella and everything ends good! :)
I think there were some selfish reasons, but for the most part was fulfilling his mother's wish to help Edward. In a way I think Edward has some resentment since he is trying to keep Bella from turning into a Vampire, but all in all is very grateful to Carlisle.
I agree with all the comments (though I'm not sure if it mentions vampire changing EXACTLY in FTSOY). Everybody needs somebody, and Carlisle didn't do it maliciously, and I don't think that Edward ever blamed who he was on Carlisle. I think Edward's battle against vampirism (if that's a word) was always internal.
Kristine~i see what you mean..i don't know how it could have been selfish, i think its completely unselfish to save somebodys life. Ashley! totally see what ya mean! Thrasher~NO comment Patrick, Kendel and Emma~ i think so to, and think of how it would have been without carlisle.. Natalie~ yea i don't think there is anything about vampires in the FTSOF book either,the bishops just going crazy! i agree with you though!
6 comments:
How can it have been selfish? I know he had been thinking for who knows how long about being lonely, but I don't think the thought of changing Edward even crossed his mind until Edward's dying mother PUT the thought there, you know? I think it was better to give a dying man with no choice a choice rather than a perfectly healthy man who had different options no choice at all.
I am glad Carlisle changed him. He needed someone, and who better than someone he respected son. Ya know? Edwards mom KNEW Carlisle could do something- I think she could feel it- I am so glad he saved him!!! I think edward wishes he could have stayed human, for the human luxuries, Like LOVE but then he meets Bella and everything ends good! :)
Don't change folks into vampires...generally a bad practice, and I'm sure I read something about it in "For the Strength of Youth."
I think there were some selfish reasons, but for the most part was fulfilling his mother's wish to help Edward. In a way I think Edward has some resentment since he is trying to keep Bella from turning into a Vampire, but all in all is very grateful to Carlisle.
I agree with all the comments (though I'm not sure if it mentions vampire changing EXACTLY in FTSOY). Everybody needs somebody, and Carlisle didn't do it maliciously, and I don't think that Edward ever blamed who he was on Carlisle. I think Edward's battle against vampirism (if that's a word) was always internal.
Kristine~i see what you mean..i don't know how it could have been selfish, i think its completely unselfish to save somebodys life.
Ashley! totally see what ya mean!
Thrasher~NO comment
Patrick, Kendel and Emma~ i think so to, and think of how it would have been without carlisle..
Natalie~ yea i don't think there is anything about vampires in the FTSOF book either,the bishops just going crazy! i agree with you though!
Post a Comment